Saturday 14 September 2013

topbox 2013 september Chatelaine Box

TOPBOX September 2013 "Chatelaine"
 
 First off, this is my second topbox and this one excited me more than the first one from last month which was a Clinique special.

It came wrapped in this beautiful box (i think i will store my bangles to reuse this box)




1) Katy Perry KILLER QUEEN sample, its basically a very sweet scent which doesn't last very long but overall a very strong scent.
update: the smell just disappears on me :(

 
 
2)  Cover FX Anti Aging Primer a 5ml sample supposed to work as a serum +primer.....cant wait to use it.
update: wasn't matifying enough. my make up didn't stay oil free as my bare minerals spf primer does so.


 3) Estee Lauder extreme Lash Mascara..... honestly i am so tired of getting mascara samples ( got one in last box from topbox and ipsy and apparently this month as well ipsy as well as topbox have sent me a mascara) so i cant review how this product will work because i wont open it till i need it maybe in a few months ( read years)

update: wont open it till i am through with the old ones .




4) Kerastase Elixer Ultime: hair oil as a 3ml sample ( pretty darn tiny sample but i am not complaining because i have so many other serums to use up that this sample size works for me)
it is suppose to make hair radiant and smooth.

update: hair was soft till yesterday, feels greasy today and it never took the fly aways away LOL




5) Lise Watier Ombre Souffle Supreme- An anti ageing eye shadow, i love the texture on these and they are super shinny (love them more because the metallic shades are in fashion right now) I got the peach and green shade. the samples are extremely tiny but like i said i could care less about the size on these. these shades are like mousse and will dry out since the packaging cant be resealed once opened.

update: peach just turned silver on my skin after a while and vert also had a crazy amount of silver shine to it . it has staying power though. lasted me all day for over 10 hours.




Finally this came with a Chatelaine double issue (special edition) magazine which i think i will enjoy browsing through. comes with great recipes  and a special offer which as a topbox subscriber allows me to buy 12 subscriptions for $15. Bonus offer is an extra FREE Topbox in October (while quantities last) and a rose gold tinted wrist watch.

update: read the magazine, its full of extremely sad stories and some good fashion advice. i don't cook so don't really care about cooking recipes. decided not to subscribe.



Over all this box was worth its cost. I don't hate the box borderline love it only because the samples are small and wont take up too much room . hopefully last me a month till the new box arrives.

Topbox delivers good name brands to my door step and i am loving them :))

5 comments:

  1. My box was pretty different from yours! I got the eyeshadows last month, they are pretty but really only one-use because you can't reseal them. Apparently, Shoppers is giving them out for free.
    Also, I'm with you on the mascara, lol...

    http://rebekkahmay.blogspot.ca/2013/09/topbox-september-2013-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this same box, and I'm a little bit bummed... I'm never usually one to complain about sample boxes, because you expect to have variation. It just seems like a lot of stuff that I won't really use...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am using all of the products as well, just posted an update. thanks for reading my post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a different box than mine :)

    http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2013/09/topbox-september.html

    ReplyDelete